About the Journal
Politeja was founded in 2004 as an academic journal edited at the Faculty of International and Political Studies of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków and published by Księgarnia Akademicka Ltd. Initially biannual, Politeja now issues six volumes a year in an open-access mode.
Politeja considers articles belonging to the field of broadly understood Political Science, International Relations, and Cultural Studies.
We invite academics as well as PhD students to submit scholarly articles and book reviews that are original, not published before and not at the same time reviewed by any other journal. The journal accepts contributions in Polish and English. The publication is free of charge. The journal does not have article processing charges, editorial charges, or any other fees.
Aims and Scope
Politeja covers contemporary political, cultural and social tendencies interpreted through multiple scholarly perspectives; political philosophy and history of political thought; international relations and intercultural relations; security studies. The journal aims to support cooperation between scholars from multiple academic disciplines in Social Sciences and Humanities.
Politeja presents research of Polish and international scholars of all backgrounds working in Social Sciences and Humanities. The journal welcomes inter-disciplinary research.
Apart from general issues covering multiple topics, Politeja publishes single-theme volumes. The special volumes covered, inter alia, regional conflicts (e.g. Russia-Ukraine), challenges facing continents (e.g. Africa), regions (e.g. Central Europe) and states (eg. Lithuania, Ukraine, Venezuela).
Abstracting and Indexing Services
- Central and Eastern European Online Library
- The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities
- ERIH PLUS
- Index Copernicus Journals Master List
- Journal List of Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education 2019 - 20 pkt.
Peer Review Process
The approval of the article depends on the positive result of an anonymous reviewing process. The reviewers are selected by the Editorial Board from among the specialists of a given discipline.
1. Each article is reviewed by two referees appointed by the Editorial staff and affiliated in Polish and foreign academic institutions.
2. The journal uses double-blind peer review.
3. Reviews should be completed within four months counting from the appointment of the referees. The holiday season (July – September) is excluded from the estimated waiting time.
4. Once reviews are submitted with an unequivocal recommendation for publication or rejection, the Editorial staff takes a final decision as to the acceptance or rejection. The decision is immediately communicated to the author, along with the reviews.
5. The Editorial staff may ask the author to revise the text in accordance with the reviewers’ and/or the Editorial staff’s recommendations. After revision, the article undergoes verification by the Editorial staff. Failure to comply with the reviewers’ and the Editorial staff’s recommendations may result in rejection of the article.
Copyright and Access
The journal is made available on the basis of Open Access, it means free, free, common, permanent and quick access to electronic publications with the scientific and educational content contained in this journal. Each network user has the right to read, copy, print, distribute, index, cite and search open resources, including full texts of articles, research reports, conference materials, academic lectures and books published in the Open Access model. The user uses materials without financial, legal and technical limitations, while maintaining copyrights. The CC license is in the magazine. Recognition - Non-commercial use - No dependent works 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Detailed copyright and licensing information is described on websites of each article.
The electronic backup and preservation of access to the journal content is provided by the publisher and the Repository of Jagiellonian University.
The content of the journal is also stored in JSTOR.